YouFarm was founded in 2017 after one of the founders struggled to get finance for his mothers farm. After realising that there were thousands of farmers in the same position he then made it his goal to change the way agricultural finance is done in Africa.
YouFarm provides farmers with access to collateral free finance by getting people to invest in crops and livestock and share the profits with the farmers when the produce goes to market.
To provide farmers with access to collateral free funding technology and to provide a safe, insured and profitable investment option for people who want to become a part of the agricultural value chain.
To change the way agriculture is financed in Africa by using technology to get the public to invest in crops and livestock and share the profits with the farmers when the produce goes to market.
YouFarm Goals and Objectives
Our main objectives are:
- Financial inclusion for farmers in Southern Africa
- Providing technology for farmers so that they can reduce waste and increase yields by practicing precision agriculture
- To provide an affordable, safe, insured and profitable investment option for impact investors
- To ensure that investors receive a return on investment when they invest in a crop or livestock
- To connect farmers to a network of crop investors from around the world
- To allow people to become a part of the agricultural value chain
At YouFarm we recognise the important role played by farmers in Africa. We also understand the challenges that they face when it comes to securing funding. In order to get as many farmers as possible funded and create employment opportunities for agro entreprenuers, YouFarm is now offering franchise opoortunities for people who want to change the way agricultural finance is done! Currently YouFarm has franchises opportunities in Angola,Botswana, Malawi, Mozamabique, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe